Table of Contents
Las Vegas is home to fleas. These pests can be found across the country. Although they primarily attack pet owners, they will impact people without pets too. Unfortunately, fleas are incredibly dangerous because they can cause numerous problems. There is always a risk that they’re going to transmit serious illnesses such as typhus or plague. Fleas can kill dogs and cats. Therefore, it is important to work with us and let us fix the problem for you right away.
Fleas Commonly Found In Las Vegas
Las Vegas residents are going to encounter a handful of flea species. Nevertheless, you primarily have to worry about cat fleas because they’re most common in our area. Cat fleas tend to reach an eighth of an inch during adulthood. Their unique body shape ensures that they can easily move through pet hair while evading capture. You can try grabbing them with your fingers but you won’t have a lot of success. Many people mistakenly believe that cat fleas only target cats. Unfortunately, this couldn’t be further from the truth. These pests will attack cats, dogs, skunks, and a handful of other animals.
Even if you don’t have pets, cat fleas may decide to enter your home. They can cling to your clothes or shoes. Since cat fleas and other fleas can be deadly, it is pertinent to get rid of them as quickly as possible.
Problems Linked To Flea Bites
Fleas bite so they can suck blood. Unfortunately, flea bites can lead to major issues before you know it. For instance, there is a risk that they’re going to cause flea allergy dermatitis and hair loss. Your pet is going to start scratching frequently and this can cause them to lose their hair. In some of the biggest infestations, fleas can cause anemia and severe blood loss. If you don’t act quickly, they can kill their victim. Finally, these pests can transport tapeworms.
Avoiding Potential Flea Infestations
Don’t forget to do what you can to make sure that fleas cannot enter your home. Keeping them out of your home will be much easier than removing them from your home. It is impossible to eliminate the risk that they’re going to invade your residence. Nevertheless, you can follow certain tips to make it significantly harder for these pests to invade your home.
- Be cautious when adopting a new pet. There is always a risk that the animal has fleas. Check them carefully or be ready to treat them before inviting them into your home.
- Make sure that your pet is given an anti-parasites medication specifically designed for flea control and prevention.
- Mow your yard frequently. It should never be 3 inches or higher.
- Never feed wild animals that approach your home. They might have fleas so try to keep them away from your dwelling.
- Protect your deck by installing thick wire. Use it to prevent pests from climbing under your deck.
- Check your pets for fleas and flea dirt regularly.
- Wash your pet and their belongings often.
- Use your vacuum to get rid of fleas and flea eggs from your home.
It will not be possible to keep all fleas out of your home. There will always be a risk that these pests will find a way to enter your residence. Still, you can use the tips below to keep these pests out. You’ll want to use these tips to reduce the likelihood that you’re going to have to deal with a flea infestation in the near future.
Remember that we’re here to help. Contact our Las Vegas office and we’ll get back to your shortly.